Thirza Multi-Beaded, Embellished Tassel Brass Drop Necklace With Vintage Moroccan "Gates of Paradise” Pendant
The Thirza necklace lives up to its name meaning "Delightful"
This elaborate, vivacious piece of wearable art is inspired by the vibrant, intricate detailing and textures on African Masks and Masquerades. I have lovingly crafted this unique one of a kind piece from the most exquisite beads and findings, glass beads, silver, gold, and antique-plated brass components, shells, acrylic beads, Swarovski crystals, glass mirror, cotton and silk threads, silk tassels, vintage silver plated Berber hand amulet, silk and cotton threads, turquoise, red jasper, chalcedony gemstones, gold-plated chains, wooden beads gold plated brass charm bells, jumbo tassels, brushed brass pendants and a vintage 19th century Moroccan Berber amulet, "Doorway to Paradise." All which I all have sourced from my travels.
The Moroccan Berber amulet pendant which I have used in this design is made by the Ait Hdidou tribe, from the Todra Valley, High Atlas, Morocco-North Africa. This stunning 19th-century pendant with a solid flat backing features a triangular-shaped design with three chiselled florets and two doors on the central part of the pendant. These doors signify "Gates of Paradise."
This protective amulet would have been worn together with Fibulae jewellery by an Ait Hdidou woman.
- Hook Clasp fastening.
- Drop 44cm/17.32"
- Width of embellishment from the widest point 13cm/5.11"
- Thirza comes in a special tie-fastening wax print pouch and Jewellery box.
- One of a kind
- Handmade with love in the UK.
- Ships in 1-5 days
- Free Domestic Shipping
- Keep the prying eyes of MR DUST away from your precious treasure, and enjoy your art longer by storing away in the pouch and jewellery box.
- It’s so easy to clean. Lovingly wipe with a clean jewellery cloth.
- Worried about all that sparkles, glitters and comes in tough brass forms? Don’t panic! I’ve taken care of that for you, so you don’t have to worry about your jewel losing its dull and looking ancient. Just show love from your end, and you’ll have a long-lasting relationship.
- Before I let you go, your jewellery has a friend in me. If it needs to visit anytime soon, I hope that won’t be the case, I’m on standby to welcome her anytime, freshen her up and send her back to you. Don’t worry I foot the bill.