Harlyn Embellished Beaded High Collar Statement Necklace
The Benin culture has long been an inspiration to me as a creative. From the cultural splendour of the Kingdom to the richly elaborate regalias worn by the Oba of the empire. This inspiration is apparent in this stunning, richly dense high statement collar that is lavishly decorated, resembling a stacked necklace.
I have crafted this unique, high neck style necklace with decorative textiles, reclaimed vintage jewellery parts, multi-faceted Swarovski crystals, glass beads, glass seed beads, gold plated brass components, and velvet beads. All these accumulated materials I have intricately pieced together and handsewn, one by one, as my interpretation of the high beaded coral collar known as the "ODIGBA", worn by the king or Oba, who holds the highest political and religious authority in the Kingdom.
The creative process took weeks to complete, and the stunning outcome is a unique statement that is fit for a queen.
The Harlyn collar will look incredible over a tailored coat, jacket, high neck jumpers during the colder seasons, or over a free-flowing gown for the evening. Y
- One of a kind
- Ribbon Tiebacks
- Drop 30.48cm/ 12"
- The Harlyn comes in a special tie-fastening wax print pouch and black Jewellery box bearing the Anita Quansah.
- Handmade with love in the UK
- Ships in 1-5 days
- Free Domestic & International Shipping.
- Keep the prying eyes of MR DUST away from your precious treasure, and enjoy your art longer by storing it out in the pouch and jewellery box.
- It's so easy to clean. Lovingly wipe with a clean jewellery cloth.
- Keep your piece of jewellery away from any liquids—alcohol-based products, such as sunscreen and perfume.
- Worried about all that sparkles, glitters and comes in robust brass forms? Don't panic! I've taken care of that for you, so you don't have to worry about your jewel losing its dull and looking ancient. Just show love from your end, and you'll have a long-lasting relationship.
- Before I let you go, your jewellery has a friend in me. If it needs to visit me anytime soon, I hope that won't be the case; I'm on standby to welcome your necklace anytime, freshen it up and send it back to you. Don't worry, and I foot the bill.