Thirza Multi-Beaded, Embellished Tassel Brass Drop Necklace With Vintage Moroccan "Gates of Paradise” Pendant
The Thirza necklace lives up to its name, meaning "Delightful."
This elaborate, energetic piece of wearable art is inspired by the vibrant, intricate detailing and textures on African Masks and Masquerades. I have lovingly crafted this unique one of a kind piece from the most exquisite beads and findings, glass beads, silver, gold, and antique-plated brass components and shells. I have also infused acrylic beads, Swarovski crystals, glass mirrors, cotton and silk threads, silk tassels, and vintage silver plated Berber hand amulet into this style to create a visually pleasing necklace. I have further heightened these elaborate detailings with natural stones such as turquoise, red jasper and chalcedony, which complements the polished gold-plated chains, wooden beads, gold plated brass charm bells, jumbo tassels, silk and cotton threads. The fabulous brushed brass pendants and the vintage 19th-century Moroccan Berber amulet, "Doorway to Paradise." gives the necklace an upbeat appearance that will lend a versatile feel to any look. All these rare finds I have sourced from my travels.
The Moroccan Berber amulet pendant I have used in this design is made by the Ait Hdidou tribe, from the Todra Valley, High Atlas, Morocco-North Africa. This stunning 19th-century pendant with a solid flat backing features a triangular-shaped design with three chiselled florets and two doors on the central part of the pendant. These doors signify "Gates of Paradise."
This protective amulet would have been worn together with Fibulae jewellery by an Ait Hdidou woman.
- Hook Clasp fastening.
- Drop 44cm/17.32"
- Width of embellishment from the broadest point 13cm/5.11."
- Thirza comes in a special tie-fastening wax print pouch and black Jewellery box bearing the Anita Quansah London Logo.
- One of a kind
- Handmade with love in the UK.
- Ships in 1-5 days
- Free Domestic Shipping
- Keep the prying eyes of MR DUST away from your precious treasure, and enjoy your art longer by storing it out in the pouch and jewellery box.
- It's so easy to clean. Lovingly wipe with a clean jewellery cloth.
- Keep your piece of jewellery away from any liquids—alcohol-based products, such as sunscreen and perfume.
- Worried about all that sparkles, glitters and comes in robust brass forms? Don't panic! I've taken care of that for you, so you don't have to worry about your jewel losing its dull and looking ancient. Just show love from your end, and you'll have a long-lasting relationship.
- Before I let you go, your jewellery has a friend in me. If it needs to visit me anytime soon, I hope that won't be the case; I'm on standby to welcome your necklace anytime, freshen it up and send it back to you. Don't worry, and I foot the bill.