Ekene Multi-Beaded Swarovski Crystal And Gemstone-Embellished Drop Necklace with Mother of Pearls
Ekene is one magnificent, unusual, and stylish statement necklace that lives up to its name meaning "The one who receives a lot of praise" in Igbo, Southeastern, Nigeria.
This impressive statement deep-rooted with so many exuberant decorations captures the overwhelming feeling and passion for creativity, details, colours and the celebration and preservation of traditional craftsmanship. For this piece, I wanted to create a beautifully made, eye-catching, high octane piece of wearable that the wearer will appreciate and that will stand the test of time and won't date after just one season.
So I have handcrafted into this piece varied coloured gemstones citrine, rose quartz, mother of pearls, amethyst, nephrite, chalcedony, yellow opal, lapis lazuli, amazonite, and agate gemstones that aren’t just for celebrating birthdays and anniversaries, together with varied shapes and sizes of Swarovski crystals.
I have also incorporated into this design clusters of rare glass beads in various colours, shapes and sizes with vintage jewellery parts that I have upcycled and refashioned into this style with varied silver and gold-tone brass components. To further add to this design's eccentricity, I have also introduced the mother of pearl pendants engraved with leaf designs and glass beads that form flexible drop segments.
All these stunning arrays of materials, which I have intricately merged and individually handstitched together, add to the striking personality and uniqueness of this one of a kind design that can become tomorrow's heirloom if cared for with love.
This intricate craftsmanship took a lot of time to create and involved many labour-intensive processes—actual labour of love which was a delight to hand-create.
I wonder how you would style the Ekene necklace! No matter what, it will uplift any look and grab attention wherever you go. When not in use, you can frame this unique piece as wall art for your home.
- One of a kind.
- Gold Brass Lobster Clasp Fastening.
- Drop 31cm/12.20"
- Width of embellishment 25cm/9.84"
- Ekene comes in a special tie-fastening wax print pouch and Jewellery box.
- Handmade with love in the UK.
- Ships in 1-5 days.
- Free Domestic & International Shipping.
- Keep the prying eyes of MR DUST away from your precious treasure, and enjoy your art longer by storing it out in the pouch and jewellery box.
- It’s so easy to clean. Lovingly wipe with a clean jewellery cloth.
- Worried about all that sparkles, glitters and comes in robust brass forms? Don’t panic! I’ve taken care of that for you, so you don’t have to worry about your jewel losing its dull and looking ancient. Just show love from your end, and you’ll have a long-lasting relationship.
- Before I let you go, your jewellery has a friend in me. If it needs to visit me anytime soon, I hope that won’t be the case; I’m on standby to welcome her anytime, freshen her up and send her back to you. Don’t worry, and I foot the bill.