What's Behind The Veil Reusable Washable Applique And Embroidered Face Mask With Red Lips
Face masks have become a must-have necessity that is part of our daily life. This striking, ethically and sustainably, a well-made face mask is an impressive take on artistry fused with dramatic, bold fabrication.
The What's Behind The Veil cloth face mask assumes the wearer's character while making a powerful statement that we have to remain safe by not touching our face or the facemask.
Using repurposed denim fabrics which I have upcycled with other reclaimed deadstock textiles, I have fused these with different textile stitch techniques and free-motion machine embroidery to create an appliqued design. Free-motion machine embroidery and thread sketching hand gesture design, with a hand pulling a silk and cotton mixed fabric uncover the bold red embroidered lips, which adds to the whimsical charm of this washable and reusable face-covering made from zero waste.
This mask is lined with a velvet material so that it won't cause any irritation, making it very breathable and comfortable to wear.
It also features an adjustable soft, comfortable elastic loop that can be tied and tightened to your preferred fit.
This mask is not N95, or FDA rated; it is designed explicitly as preventative safety wear to shield your face, mouth, and nose. The wearing of a face mask such as this could still reduce the transmissibility of viral particles by a small but significant amount, enough to make a difference to you and others.
- Size: Large.
- Cotton denim and mixed textile outer fabric with embellishment; lined with 100% cotton velvet.
- Soft adjustable elastic earloops with stopper.
- This cloth facemask comes with a patchwork drawstring bag made from upcycled textile leftovers and offcuts. Perfect for carrying your facemask around.
- All sales are final. I accept no returns or exchanges.
- Please note each mask is handmade in my studio, in the UK, with safety and care in mind.
- PLEASE HANDWASH THE MASK WITH MILD DETERGENT UPON DELIVERY AND AFTER USE. NO WRINGING
- Hang to dry. For the velvet lining, I will advise you not to iron on the face. Instead, hold the steam iron about an inch above the face mask and let the steam get the wrinkles out.
- Orders are dispatched between 3-5 days from the purchase date.
- FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this mask will help fund an Orphanage and Home for the Less Privileged so dear to my heart in Anambra State, Nigeria.