Irene Colourful Multi-Beaded Swarovski Crystal and Gemstone Embellished Fringe Pendant Headpiece and Neckpiece
It is said that; "A piece of jewellery is often a piece of art. But it only becomes valuable when emotions are added to it."
My intention for this design is to approach it from a place of respect and love for craftsmanship. I wanted to design an extraordinary masterpiece that the wearer can enjoy for what it communicates instantly, fun and celebration.
While I didn't have preliminary sketches during the creative stage, I designed this statement piece intuitively, working in the flow with a vision of the end product from the first beadwork. The outcome is derived from a place of peace, and this overwhelming feeling and joy led me to name it 'Irene'.
This impressive statement, 'Irene' meaning "Goddess of peace" in Greek and a commonly used name by the Edo people of Benin, Nigeria, is a delight to make.
The Irene is an authentic collector piece fit for any beautiful soul who loves art and high octane accessories. This exceptional quality, multi-functional rare headpiece can be worn as a necklace too. The wearer can drape the necklace loosely around the neck.
I have lavishly decorated this piece with opulent details, which I have beautifully coupled with vintage jewellery parts that I have upcycled and refashioned into this style together with clusters of rare glass beads that I have sourced from my travels, Swarovski crystals in various shapes and colours, gemstones such as agate, yellow opal, amazonite, amethyst, labradorite, lapis lazuli, citrine, red jasper, jade and chalcedony gemstones that aren’t just for celebrating birthdays and anniversaries.
I have also introduced into this design lapis lazuli crosses, mother of pearl charms and stones, brass leaf pendants and charms, brass charm bells and gold filigree charms, feathers and gold crucifixes. Together with wooden beads, antique sterling silver Berber amulets from Northern Morroco, textiles, and shells and stones, I picked up from the Red Sea's seashores in Egypt.
All these components cascade down in articulated dramatic tiered patterns that form opulent pendants suspended off a glistening multi-crystal and brass-embellished headband that is feminine and glamourous at the same time. This exceptional, one of a kind design can become tomorrow's heirloom if cared for with love.
This intricate craftsmanship took a lot of time to create and involved many labour-intensive processes—actual labour of love which was a delight to hand-create.
I wonder how you would style the Irene headpiece/neckpiece! No matter what, it will uplift any look and grab attention wherever you go. When not in use, you can frame this unique piece as wall art for your home.
- One of a kind
- Drop 53cm/20.87"
- The length of each pendant 41cm/16.14."
- Irene comes in a special tie-fastening wax print pouch and Jewellery box.
- Handmade with love in the UK
- Ships in 1-5 days
- Free Domestic & International Shipping
- Keep the prying eyes of MR DUST away from your precious treasure, and enjoy your art longer by storing it out in the pouch and jewellery box.
- It’s so easy to clean. Lovingly wipe with a clean jewellery cloth.
- Worried about all that sparkles, glitters and comes in robust brass forms? Don’t panic! I’ve taken care of that for you, so you don’t have to worry about your jewel losing its dull and looking ancient. Just show love from your end, and you’ll have a long-lasting relationship.
- Before I let you go, your jewellery has a friend in me. If it needs to visit me anytime soon, I hope that won’t be the case; I’m on standby to welcome her anytime, freshen her up and send her back to you. Don’t worry, and I foot the bill.