Keep Off Private Property Reusable Washable Applique And Embroidered Face Mask
While staying fashionably safe, it matters to do so sustainably and consciously. This face mask is born out of the necessity to promote safety while emphasising the importance of personal space.
This nature-inspired face mask with a machine-stitched sign in red on a denim fencing design reads: "Private property", prominent signage that I captured on camera as part of my daily photographic journaling in the lockdown. The Private Property Signage marked a vegetable allotment/garden boundary, where trespassers are not authorised to interfere with the property. In this case, most people protect their properties by building a fence, which is two metres high.
With that in mind, I set off to create a unique protective cloth face covering and mask that can be worn in a public space where physical distancing is difficult, but the wearer can keep to the two-metre social distancing rule.
This richly elaborate design features denim jeans that I have upcycled with various leftover textile remnants to create applique textured surfaces that look like a natural landscape scenery that is wildly blooming and growing within the textile art. To further enhance the design, I have incorporated a soft, wool and shiny lurex and hairy polyester yarn with glass beads.
This zero-waste facemask is lined with a velvet material so it won't irritate, making it very breathable and comfortable to wear.
It also features an adjustable soft, comfortable elastic loop that can be tied and tightened to your preferred fit.
This mask is not N95, or FDA rated; it is designed explicitly as preventative safety wear to shield your face, mouth, and nose. The wearing of a face mask such as this could still reduce the transmissibility of viral particles by a small but significant amount, enough to make a difference to you and others.
- Size: Large.
- One of a kind.
- Cotton denim, mixed textiles wool, lurex and polyester yarn used on the outer fabric topped off with beaded embellishment; lined with 100% cotton velvet.
- Soft adjustable elastic earloops with stopper.
- This cloth face mask comes with a patchwork drawstring bag made from upcycled textile leftovers and offcuts. Perfect for carrying your face mask around.
- All sales are final. I accept no returns or exchanges.
- Please note each mask is handmade in my studio, in the UK, with safety and care in mind.
- PLEASE HANDWASH THE MASK WITH MILD DETERGENT UPON DELIVERY AND AFTER USE. NO WRINGING
- Hang to dry. For the velvet lining, I will advise you not to iron on the face. Instead, hold the steam iron about an inch above the face mask and let the steam get the wrinkles out.
- Orders are dispatched between 3-5 days from the purchase date.
- FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this mask will help fund an Orphanage and Home for the Less Privileged so dear to my heart in Anambra State, Nigeria.