Odine Multi-Beaded Embellished Leather And Raffia Pom-Pom Slippers
In today's world, there is something profoundly compelling about storytelling.
I didn't want to create another pair of shoes that would get lost in the crowd; the idea for this design was to innovate while staying true to my African heritage.
By doing so, I have created a comfortable, timeless, great quality piece of wearable art that has a lasting visual appeal and an heirloom quality.
For the Odine slippers, I have exquisitely crafted my childhood recollections and African masquerades' experiences into this unique pair.
Upon looking at the Odine slippers, you will notice a face. I have stylised the slippers using various mixed mediums to create a boldface mask design with eyes, nose and mouth. The eye features are exaggerated with fine cotton threads, which I have brushed out individually to create bushy eyelashes with cowrie shells used as the eyes.
The faceted blue crystal used as the focal nose feature glistens as it catches the light. The delicate juxtaposition of the fragile with the hardness of the elongated resin tusk beads to the sides resembles that of animal tusks, which can be seen on an elephant. Tusks not only serve a variety of purposes but are also used as a defence.
I have also used several materials within this closed-toe slipper style, such as glass beads, paracord, recycled vinyl disc beads, precious stones, Swarovski crystals, crystal glass beads and cowrie shells in these pairs. To further add to the eccentricity, I have also incorporated gold-tone brass detailings and charm bells, and pom-poms to create a unique statement that is unlike anything else out there at the moment.
Our slippers are MADE TO ORDER and run small, so I advise ordering a size bigger than your standard shoe size. For half sizes, please go up to the nearest whole size.
Style these pair with everything that brings magic to your soul and makes your face beam with joy.
When the Odine slippers are not used, you can frame this unique piece as wall art for your home.
- Heel measure approximately 20mm/0.78inches.
- 100 Percent Handmade.
- Handmade in Morrocco and Hand-embellished in the UK.
- The slippers run small, so we advise our customers to order bigger than their standard shoe size. For half sizes, please go up to the nearest whole size.
- Made of handwoven raffia and embellished upper, these beautiful slippers are not made for rain or water, so keep them dry and enjoy them longer.
- Because the leather and raffia used in this design are naturally tanned, the original colour and coating can differ from pictured. It's not an imperfection—this difference is what makes our handmade footwear so incredibly unique and special.
- Each pair of slippers takes me time to hand-make. Please allow 7-10 days for production and shipment.
- Handmade with so much love.
- Free domestic shipping