Okankan Gemstone-Embellished Gold Flower Petals Headpiece with Detachable Earrings
Okankan is a very unusual, fanciful, yet alluring multifunctional embellished statement headpiece, that will add an instant grandeur, finesse and pizazz to any look.
This High octane headpiece lives up to its name, meaning 'Very tough and powerful'.
For this statement piece, I sought versatility as an inspiration, the concept of wearing one item in multiple ways. So, I have intricately fashioned this one of a kind headpiece from finely crafted gemstones such as nephrite, lapis lazuli, amethyst, prehnite and yellow opals. With Swarovski crystals, brass chains, large gold leaf pendants, brass components and charms with gold-plated accents and parts of repurposed pieces of old jewellery and African bi-cones brass beads, handmade in Ashanti region of Ghana from recycled brass.
I have pieced together all these materials with rows of bright yellow gold rose petals, which I have adorned on the headband's upper part. The headpiece's centre features a stunning owl pendant, with large pink opal cabochon and specks of glistening crystals set in an exquisite 18k gold filled frame.
The detachable dangling earpieces which form the design, are also crafted from yellow gold rose petal, finished off with antique gold charm pendants with decorative resin cabochons, which dangles freely underneath the oversized petal detailings.
The Okankan can be styled into multiple looks by simply unclipping the earpiece.
- You can wear the headpiece with or without the earpiece.
- You can clip the earpiece(s) onto a curb chain. The chain is not included as part of the design.
- You can attach the earpiece(s) onto a bag as charms.
- Height of the headband 27cm/10.62."
- Width from the broadest point 28cm/11.02."
- Feature Length 43cm/16.92"
- Okankan comes in a special tie-fastening wax print pouch and jewellery box.
- One of a kind.
- Handmade with love in the UK.
- Ships in 1-5 days.
- Free Domestic Shipping.
- Keep the prying eyes of MR DUST away from your precious treasure, and enjoy your art longer by storing away in the pouch and jewellery box.
- It’s so easy to clean. Lovingly wipe with a clean jewellery cloth.
- Worried about all that sparkles, glitters and comes in robust brass forms? Don’t panic! I’ve taken care of that for you, so you don’t have to worry about your jewel losing its dull and looking ancient. Just show love from your end, and you’ll have a long-lasting relationship.
- Before I let you go, your jewellery has a friend in me. If it needs to visit anytime soon, I hope that won’t be the case, I’m on standby to welcome her anytime, freshen her up and send her back to you. Don’t worry, and I foot the bill?