UPCYCLED TEXTILE JEWELLERY WORKSHOP SATURDAY 23rd SEPTEMBER 2023
Learn how to experiment and create unusual one-of-a-kind pieces of jewellery and art wear in the UPCYCLED TEXTILE JEWELLERY WORKSHOP on SATURDAY, 23rd SEPTEMBER 2023, hosted and taught by jewellery, accessories, and creative designer Anita Quansah.
The five amazing creatives who will join me on this creative journey will get to have me for free as their "creative focus buddy" for a whole month after the workshop to guide and help them focus and achieve their crafting goals. They will also join my new private accountability creative and crafters group, where we are committed to holding each other accountable daily as we help each other ignite that zeal that sets our creative pulses racing to start and complete our design projects.
Level: All levels
Date: Saturday 23rd September 2023
Time: 14:00 – 17:00 (GMT)
Class size: Limited to five people only.
Place: Hosted on Zoom by designer Anita Quansah
OUTLINE OF THE WORKSHOP:
- This 3-hour workshop under my tuition online via Zoom is in three segments
- We will discuss the importance of recycling and how we can use creativity to communicate and reduce the environmental and social problems that affect us all. I shall introduce you to examples of my work and how recycling plays a significant role in my creative choices and the materials which I intertwine to narrate stories through colours and layers of textures.
- We will explore and learn about basic beaded jewellery-making as well as the introduction to the jewellery findings and jewellery-making tools we will be using in the workshop.
- I will introduce and guide you through how to plan, design and curate together old, new, found, and recycled materials together with fabric manipulation and layering techniques, applique, braiding, knotting, wrapping, distressing, and stitching techniques, incorporating beadwork to build up a well-detailed textural design and story that will form a unique design.
- Once you have mastered these essential techniques, you are ready to express and work on your creative process to bring your ideas and masterpiece to life.
- In the workshop, we will aim to create a unique one-of-a-kind necklace or earrings in an artisanal style with a contemporary twist.
- Please note that the photos are examples of the projects and will differ from what I will teach you.
WHAT IS THE COURSE PROJECT?
Upcycle and transform old textiles, old pieces of jewellery and found materials into a decorative necklace or a pair of earrings
WHO IS THE UPCYCLED TEXTILE JEWELLERY WORKSHOP FOR?
This workshop is for anyone enthusiastic about beaded jewellery making, textiles and upcycling. It is also for someone interested in exciting and inspiring ways to challenge themselves creatively by informing and applying handcrafted techniques to develop their practice.
I will send a material pack to participants before the workshop containing:
- A kit containing jewellery-making findings, cord-end findings, and stringing materials.
- A pack consisting of bits and pieces of denim jeans and patterned textile strips
- Mixed pack of three assorted coloured yarn floss, rose petals confetti and ribbons.
- A rope/bungee cord, a cord and a strip of fringing.
- Two recycled can lids
- Packs of decorative items beads, sequins, buttons, mixed-tone metal chains, one old necklace and one earrings pendant.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING YOURSELF TO THE WORKSHOP:
No experience in beaded jewellery making is required, but basic sewing ability is essential in this workshop. You will need to provide yourself with a pair of scissors, a tape measure, a thimble and a needle, a sewing machine if preferred, old and new pieces of jewellery, textile pieces and old clothes, and other materials which you would like to incorporate into your jewellery design to add flair to the mix to tell your story which is unique to you. You will also need the three sets of jewellery-making pliers. Round-nose, flat-nose and side-cutter pliers are available to purchase here if you have none.
PLEASE NOTE THESE IMPORTANT PIECES OF INFORMATION:
- A Zoom link will be sent to you before the TEXTILE JEWELLERY WORKSHOP.
- Free domestic shipping applies if you live in the UK; overseas shipping costs apply at checkout.
- All the material packs are dispatched with an insured ROYAL MAIL trackable service. Any custom charges levied on the package are the responsibility of the customer. Once your package is sent to the courier company and the tracking information email is sent to you, any outcome afterwards is not my responsibility.
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT CANCELLATION
Due to the nature of this workshop, unfortunately, I do not offer any refunds.
If you cannot attend the workshop, I can reschedule another date and time for the same workshop. I am always on hand to answer any further questions that you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am excited to be part of this exciting creative journey with you. I look forward to seeing you soon!