Uzoamaka Embellished Beaded Studded Leather And Raffia Mask Slippers
Uzoamaka meaning "Good path" in the Igbo Language of South-Eastern, Nigeria, is a delight to hand-make. I've always held a deep fascination with world arts and culture, especially my African heritage. So for this pair, I am inspired by the African arts-masks and artefacts.
These pair of wearable art are not your conventional footwear. The Uzoamaka is an authentic collector piece great for you, a flat-shoe devotee who loves art and high octane footwear. This pair is created with attention to detail and craftsmanship in mind.
I have approached this design with respect and love for my African traditional heritage and craftsmanship. I want to design a masterpiece uniquely different that you will not apologise for wearing.
Comfort and functionality are crucial, so every detail serves a meaningful purpose to create a face motif guaranteed to raise a smile.
Upon looking at the Uzoamaka slippers, you will notice a face. I have stylised the slippers using various mixed mediums to create a boldface mask design with eyes, nose and mouth. The eye features are exaggerated with textile embellished paracords, leather, and silvery spikey trims have Intricately integrated into this style to create bushy eyelashes with cowrie shells, cone spike studs and beads used as the eyes.
I have used a gold-tone brass pendant as the focal nose feature with silver-tone metal skulls placed above the central feature. The juxtaposition of the robust with the hardness of the elongated resin tusk beads to the sides resembles that of animal tusks, which can be seen on an elephant. Tusks not only serve a variety of purposes but are also used as a defence.
Cowrie shells, brass components, silvery spikey trims and the six smaller tusks with three placed to each side is designed to resemble a beard.
I have also decorated this pair with clusters of beads, silver-tone brass skulls, gold-tone brass components and stainless steel nuts. I have also fashioned rows of spikey cone studs to the front to create a decorative textures and patterns with acute attention to detail.
Style the Uzoamaka slippers with any ensemble of your choice. Think wearable art, go bold and fabulous don't hold back.
- ONE OF A KIND
- The last available size EU 41, but will fit size EU 40
- 100 Percent Handmade.
- Handmade in Morrocco and Hand-embellished in the UK.
- This pair is woven raffia and dar blue leather base with embellished upper.
- Leather soles with cushioned leather inner
- Heel measure approximately 20mm/0.78inches
- Handmade in Morrocco and Hand-embellished in the UK
- The slippers run small, so we advise our customers to order a size bigger than their standard shoe size. For half sizes, please go up to the nearest whole size.
- Made of handwoven raffia and embellished upper.
- These beautiful slippers are very delicate and should be looked after with love. They are not made for the rain or water, so keep them dry and enjoy them longer.
- Free domestic shipping
- Handmade with love by Anita